December £1 fares.
East Yorkshire is bringing Christmas cheer to passengers throughout the month of December by bringing back their £1 evening fares after 7pm for December.
The company previously slashed evening bus fares from July to September to help people make the most of the region’s restaurants and pubs re-opening following lockdown. The offer proved to be very popular, so it will return for the month of December to help bus-goers in Hull and East Yorkshire make the most of their evenings during the festive period.
During December, anyone can travel on any bus for just £1, no matter how far they want to travel.
Ben Gilligan, East Yorkshire’s Area Director, said:
“Our customers really enjoyed the offer earlier this year. It gave them a way to make the absolute most of their summer after a long period of being stuck at home.
“With the festive period around the corner, and the events, late-night shopping and visits to loved ones that come with this time of the year, we decided to bring the offer back for December. After the year we’ve all had, we all deserve a few extra evenings out – for just £1, there’s no reason not to!”
To benefit from the evening offer, simply hop on board any East Yorkshire bus after 7pm and your journey will only cost £1. Evening tickets are also available to purchase in advance on the East Yorkshire Buses app. This offer is available for any length of journey, and people can travel an unlimited number of times during the offer period.
Festive Bus Timetables
East Yorkshire’s buses will be running to different timetables between Christmas Eve and 3 January 2022.
The full festive bus schedules are as follows:
- Thursday 23 December – normal service.
- Christmas Eve – normal service, but with buses finishing between 7pm and 8pm.
- Christmas Day – no buses.
- Boxing Day – *special bus services.
- Bank Holiday Monday 27 December – special bus services.
- Bank Holiday Tuesday 28 December – special bus services.
- Wednesday 29 December – Saturday services on most routes.
- Thursday 30 December – Saturday services on most routes.
- New Year’s Eve – Saturday services on most routes, but with buses finishing between 7pm and 8pm.
- New Year’s Day – no buses.
- Sunday 2 January– normal Sunday service.
- Bank Holiday Monday 3 January – Sunday services on all routes.
- Tuesday 4 January – back to normal services.
Full details of the company’s festive services, including the *Boxing Day buses timetables, can be found on the website, the East Yorkshire Buses app, or by picking up a Festive Buses booklet from the Travel Centre in Hull Interchange.