The first in our series of exercise walks. All the links refer to what3words locations. A circular walk starting and finishing at the Haven Arms car park. Approximately 30 minutes. Easy going in dry weather. Difficult when muddy.
- Start at the Haven Arms pub https://w3w.co/captive.crispier.pirate car park. With back to the pub, go towards the Hedon Haven (through the tiny wooden fence) and turn left along the trails to the junction with Sheriff Highway.
2. Cross the road and walk left and turn right along the footpath trail https://w3w.co/endlessly.title.exacted next to the fenced electricity substation.
3. Walk along the trail and when you reach the wooded area turn left across the footbridge https://w3w.co/land.regal.magazine over the waterway.
4. Follow the footpath between houses, which becomes Love Lane. Continue right along Love Lane to where it ends at Johnson’s Corner car park and you reach the main busy road https://w3w.co/fries.papers.expansion.
5. Turn left along Hull Road (B1362) and continue until you get to Middle Lane https://w3w.co/mainframe.bets.being.
6. Turn left down Middle Lane which turns into a footpath trail. Follow this and you will pass the cricket ground on your right and continue along to the grassed area with the play park on your right. As you reach the drain turn right until you meet the footbridge https://w3w.co/lifeguard.club.admiral. Cross the footbridge and you are back in the Haven Arms car park.
Note: Using some of the town trails can be very muddy after prolonged rainfall (Love Lane, Middle Lane and the Haven Arms footbridge for example) so care needs to be taken and appropriate footwear worn.
Adapted from a walk used by the Preston Walkers and kindly sent in by Carol Osgerby.