Household Support Grant:
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is reminding eligible households that there’s still time to apply for a Household Support Grant to help with the cost of food, energy, water bills and other essentials over the winter period.
The council launched the discretionary scheme on 6 October 2021 from one-off central Government funding to provide financial support to those most in need this winter.
The authority has been writing to households who have been identified as eligible for the grant.
So far, the council has received in excess of 3,500 applications for the grant but is aware that many eligible households are still yet to apply.
The funding will target and prioritise support for the following:
- households with children, where the applicant meets the criteria to entitle a child to free school meals
- households who are entitled to council tax support and have been identified as in fuel, food and water poverty
- households who have a heating and water allowance in their financial assessment for adult care
- households in receipt of housing benefit and classed as in support accommodation
- households entitled to universal credit and identified as losing the £20 temporary uplift
- households entitled to universal credit and in the latest assessment period, have limited capacity to work
For more information and to apply for the Household Support Grant, visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/helpwithbenefits. If you are unable to apply online, telephone applications can be made through the council’s benefits contact team on 01482 393939.
You can also scan this QR code to apply: