Town Hall venueHEDON TOWN COUNCIL has a vacancy for a new councillor following the sad death of Mike Bryan.

See the Hedon Town Council vacancy notice July 2020.

A by-election to elect a new councillor will be held if 10 or more electors from Hedon request this and current coronavirus legislation permits. Those wanting to claim an election need to write requesting one to the Chief Executive of East Riding of Yorkshire Council at County Hall, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 9BA. Requests for an election need to be received by Monday 20 July 2020.

Where 10 valid requests for an election are received, then under the provisions of the Coronavirus Act 2020 a by-election will not currently take place but the vacancy left open. A by-election will take place when safe to do so as determined by Government legislation. Under the Coronavirus Act, it is currently assumed that elections cancelled will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.

If 10 valid requests for an election for the vacant councillor post are not received, then Hedon Town Council can co-opt a new member to fill the vacancy.

You can find out more about the Town Council and its responsibilities via its website and information on becoming a councillor is available via the Town Clerk.


Leave a comment. You need to leave your FULL NAME.

Previous post Hedon Museum re-opening – Saturday 5 September 2020
Next post Sunday Services – 5 July 2020