EVENTS COMMITTEE members from Hedon Town Council met yesterday to formally launch the Hedon Town Calendar 2014.
The Calendar, with a different local photo depicting each month of the year, has been sponsored by local businesses and is being sold for £2.99.
The proceeds from the Calendar will kick-start a fund that will contribute towards and subsidise the costs of an exciting programme of community events taking place in 2014. Each event will aim to be self-financing and raise enough surplus to invest into the next and other events.
Councillor David Thompson said: “We kept hearing the refrain from people, that ‘there’s nothing ever going on in Hedon’ other than the big civic events and the Christmas lights switch-on, so we’ve decided to do something about that! A variety of smaller community events are being organised, one for each month of 2014.”
On the Calendar itself, Councillor Di Storr said: “The calendar is a great souvenir and would make a wonderful Christmas gift. It also serves to raise money towards our programme of community events and activities for 2014.”
The Calendar (£2.99) can be bought at:
- Hedon Town Hall (open 9:00am to 3:00pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays);
- John Dennis Estate Agents, St Augustine’s Gate
- Frames of Hedon, Souttergate
- Occasions of Hedon, Market Place
And some of the events being arranged so far for 2014:
- FEBRUARY: Tues 18th, Coach trip to York railway museum with free time in the City
- MARCH: Sat 8th Hedon Cake Bake
- MAY: Mon 26th Hedon Treasure Hunt
- JUNE: Sat 7th Hedon Amateur Dog Show
More details, tickets, booking information, etc on these and other events will be available in the New Year.