Home » Royal Wedding Street Parties

Royal Wedding Street Parties

ROYAL WEDDING STREET PARTY organisers should apply to the East Riding Council by Friday 18th March in order to satisfy the criteria for closing streets for the big day on Friday 29th April 2011.

Street closures criteria: Advice on the East Riding Council website says that  If the following conditions apply to a street then no licences or other permissions are needed. Simply get in touch with the council who will arrange the administration for a free road closure:

  • Through traffic will not be affected
  • Party for residents only (70 per cent need to agree to hold the street party)
  • No sale of alcohol (residents can provide their own drinks)
  • Entertainment and music is organised and run by the residents
  • Tombola or raffle tickets are only sold on the day and go to a good cause, a charity or towards the cost of the party and prizes are not worth more than £500.

Those seeking advice and information, including those who don’t meet the conditions above, should contact Rod Towse, the council’s highways events officer, rod.towse@eastriding.gov.uk or telephone (01482) 395629.


THE STATION PUB is organising a Royal Wedding Gala in its large family friendly green area at the rear of the pub. Several activities are already scheduled, but landlady Jackie is still seeking ideas to make this a memorable community event. See Royal Wedding Party – Opportunities and comments.

1 thought on “Royal Wedding Street Parties

Leave a comment. You need to leave your FULL NAME.