EAST RIDING COUNCIL is set to make £9.5m cuts in its expenditure in a budget which, the council claims in a statement issued earlier today, will protect essential services and see the council tax frozen.
The council met at County Hall this afternoon (10th Feb) to set its budget for April 2011 – March 2012.
The Budget Statement at a glance:
- Council tax will be frozen at its current level;
- There are no proposals to close any of the council’s leisure centres libraries or other facilities:
- Free parking scheme on weekends over Christmas will be extended;
- additional £2m to be spent on fast-track repairs to the highway caused by the severe weather;
- £200,000 has been allocated through the Local Strategic Partnership for town and parish councils to spend on local communities and projects.
Read the full statement from the council on HU12.