FixMyStreet is a special website that allows people to easily report neighbourhood problems to a local council – such as graffiti, litter and broken streetlights.

The website has grown in popularity since its launch over 3 years ago, including its use in the Hull, Holderness and East Riding area. See a listing of all those issues reported to the East Riding Council.

Reporting a problem is easy – you visit FixMyStreet and enter a postcode or a street name and the town or village where you live (example Westlands Road, Hedon). This takes you to a map of the particular area. You can click on the map at the location of your neighbourhood problem and this takes you to a page where you can report the problem and even upload a photograph of it.

Once you have clicked Submit and reported the problem, then it takes only a couple of minutes for FixMyStreet to send the problem to the relevant council.

FixMyStreet is also useful for viewing problems in the local area – and you can even add your own comments and join in with – or start – a discussion.

You can also arrange to get regular alerts by e-mail about problems reported in your local area.

The really useful thing about FixMyStreet is its easy public access from your own computer. It is easy to use!

Leave a comment. You need to leave your FULL NAME.

Previous post South West Holderness Crime Statistics March – May 2010
Next post DONG Energy Power Station – change of planning ‘goalies’