Issued Sunday 17 January 2010 at 08:50 by the Environment Agency
A Flood Watch has been issued for the Holderness Area including Including Carnaby, Barmston, Hornsea, Skirlaugh, Burton Pidsea, Hedon, Burstwick, Thorngumbald, Keyingham, Saltend, Patrington, Skeffling, Sunk Island and Kilnsea. area. Flooding of low-lying land and roads is expected. Be aware. Be prepared. Watch out!
The area of concern is Burstwick Drain as high tides are preventing full drainage of the system. Levels will remain high throughout today and tomorrow however no further heavy rainfall is forcast.
The Environment Agency advises you to act now:
– Ring Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up to date flooding information, quickdial code; 138406
– Tune in to weather and travel bulletins
– Keep a watch on the weather and water levels
– Tell your family, friends and neighbours
– Drive carefully – roads may be flooded
– Farmers – check livestock
– Check availability of torches and batteries
– Be aware of the possibility of further flooding
– Be aware – be prepared – watch out!
– Find more information at http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/floodline
Above all – be careful. The Environment Agency cannot be held responsible for any accidents, injuries, or losses, financial or otherwise, which occur as a result of this email. Forecasts cannot be guaranteed.
National Flood Forum