“DO WE REALLY NEED ANOTHER TAKE-AWAY IN HEDON?” This is the question asked by commentators on the Hedon Blog (and Facebook Page) following publication of the planning application from Chi Chow to get permission to change the use of a former florists in the Market Place to a hot food take-away.
- “We have 2 Pizza/Burger takeaways, a Fish and Chip Shop, an Indian takeaway and a Chinese takeaway. I think we are well catered for in the hot food department!” argues Sarah.
- Gary says “We should support the takeaways we already have especially in the current climate when business’s already struggle to stay open.”
- Mike comments: “I think this would be a big mistake if it gets passed, the shop will be closed all day only opening at 5:00, a prime retail location will be shut all day how sad considering we already have umpteen food outlets in Hedon”
- “What concerns me is that dark corner, where the shop is situated, and what people a late night takeaway attracts …how many times do we see the windows of the current chinese put through?!!! I wonder how many drunken fights will occure?” fears Carol
- “Unfortunately Hedon is selling out and killing any ‘unique’ quality it had/has….soon there will nothing left of its past” states Sydell.
The application to obtain planning permission is currently open for public comments. Anyone can object, support or comment on a planning application. Those who are aware of specific local conditions and problems can highlight these before the application is considered.
It is important to note that the council can only take into account matters which are relevant to the planning process. Advice on this is available from Planning Aid (see Planning Pack section 9).
You can register with the East Riding Council and give your views online at their Planning Public Access website note it is planning application reference number 10/05104/PLF. Or contact:
Planning and development control
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Tel: 01482 393792
Fax: 01482 393779