Many thanks to Peter Ainscough for this information about Hedon Catholic Church.
HEDON CATHOLIC CHURCH is of major historical interest, having been built decades before the Catholic Emancipation Act. Its foundation was laid in 1803 and the church came into use in 1804.
The church is a simple structure and is located at the junction of Baxtergate and Grape Lane. The parish itself extends out into Holderness embracing Preston, Sproatley, Thorngumbald, Paull, Keyingham and Ottringham.
A full list of all the parish priests from its foundation until today is hung on the church wall; it was originated by the late Peter Garvey and has been kept up to date since his death. A history of the parish, by author Dominic Minskip, was published to coincide with the bi-centenary celebrations. There are also interesting historical details in Martin Craven’s excellent history of the town of Hedon.
Other information on Wikipedia: