Home » Brown wheelie bin changes start in Hedon

Brown wheelie bin changes start in Hedon

THE EAST RIDING COUNCIL has agreed a number of changes to its kerbside wheelie bin services which will come into operation over the next few months:

  • Brown bins will be used for food and kitchen waste and cardboard as well as garden waste;
  • Blue bins will be able to be used for glass and household batteries.

The changes to the Brown bin collection service will start in Hedon first. Although residents are asked to wait until they recieve information from the Council before they start adding any new items to any bins.

Amy Emmerson and Karen Woods are the Household Waste Advisers with the Council and their role is to answer any questions people have about the new Brown bin roll-out and recycling service. Amy said:

The changes include being able to put food waste and cardboad into the brown bin as well as the garden and green waste which can go in currently.  All households will recieve a kitchen caddy and biodegradable liners for their food waste which they can use to transport the food waste to the big brown bin.”

Information on the roll-out schedule is available on the recycling website for the region www.target45plus.org.uk at this news page.

Further information can be found in the current East Riding News (which can be downloaded from the East Riding Council website). The Council also has a recycling hotline on 01482 395586.

4 thoughts on “Brown wheelie bin changes start in Hedon

    1. Hi Jackie – I last heard fron the Council about this in October:

      Thanks for getting in touch about the brown bin changes. There has been a delay in the delivery of this service due to discussions around the logistics and implementation of such a large programme. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible and residents will be notified in the East Riding News when this new collection service will begin and I will of course be in touch with you too.

      I’ve e-mailed them again today for an update.

Leave a comment. You need to leave your FULL NAME.