Town Centre Parking : Christmas Lights : Best Shop Window Contest : …and more!
THE FOLLOWING SUMMARY of events of the last Town Council meeting has been sent by Councillor Jim Lindop. They are based on notes of the meeting and should not be taken as any official record. They are provided here for resident’s information and interest.
- Consideration was given to three planning applications, one of which was retention of remedial work to existing buildings at The New Hall 11 Fletchergate, Hedon, it was decided to send a letter to the owner commending the work carried out to a standard befitting the requirements within the Hedon Town Conservation area.
- Members put forward a request to the East Riding to include Witchcroft within the Hedon Town Conservation area.
- It was agreed that a letter be sent to East Riding Highways requesting new directional signage indicating the location of Hedon Town Centre.
- Officers from Humberside Police attended with much discussion taking place in regard to the parking of vehicles within St Augustines Gate and some surrounding roads; also the increase in the issuing of parking tickets. It was decided that the figures showing the numbers of parking tickets issued would be published so that members of the public were aware.
- The council was informed that the structure at Albina Garth to demonstrate flooding measures has opened. Anyone visiting has been asked not to park vehicles in Albina Garth to avoid congestion. The structure will be dismantled and the site restored to the original state in October.
- It was agreed to add a link from the Hedon Town Council website to the “I know Yorkshire” website to help publicise the Town.
- Much discussion went on in regard to the turning on of the Christmas Lights on Friday 26th November. The Town Clerk and her staff are in contact with the East Riding because of a possible requirement for stall holders (27 in 2009) to have a street traders licence.
- The large Market Place Christmas Tree and 95 smaller trees for shops are on order. It was noted that there would be a letter sent to the road marshals who have assisted in previous years asking for their help again and that a notice was to be placed in the notice board asking for additional marshals.
- The Mayor is hoping to arrange to judge the Best Shop Window Competition in the afternoon of Thursday 25th November.