JUST TO PROVE that these things really do happen! A fire crew rescued a cat on Friday 9th March 2012! The cat had got stuck 8 feet up a chimney ledge on Westlands Close, Hedon. It was rescued by the Fire Service using chimney rods, a ladder and […]
HUMBERSIDE Fire & Rescue Service reported another small fire today in the derelict sports hut on Draper’s Lane, Hedon. The incident attended at 2:20pm this afternoon is the second such fire in as many months: See December Fire at Hut.
A FIRE CREW attended a small fire in the derelict changing rooms on Draper’s Lane, Hedon yesterday (8th December 2011). The incident report from Humberside Fire & Rescue Service says that the fire was tackled with a hose and breathing apparatus kit. The Hedon Blog highlighted the case […]
HUMBERSIDE FIRE & RESCUE is asking people to take extra care when decorating their homes for Christmas – particularly the Christmas tree! Although it is rare for a Christmas tree to catch fire, keeping it watered will help keep the tree moist and reduce any risk of it […]
HAY BALES have been set alight in the last two weeks and Humberside Police and Humberside Fire and Rescue Service are advising farmers and members of the public to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity. Locally, between 7:40pm and 7:55pm on Friday 2nd September 2011, a stack […]
HUMBERSIDE FIRE AND RESCUE report that they attended an incident in Saltaugh Road, Keyingham on Monday 5th September 2011 when smoke was reported coming from a tumble-dryer. The occupier had isolated the power supply and the smoking had stopped when the fire crew arrived; they checked the tumble-dryer with […]
HUMBERSIDE Fire & Rescue Service have been running a campaign on Twitter called #testittuesday. The message is simple – if you have a smoke alarm or smoke detector then test it now! Make this a regular test every Tuesday! It could save your life!
HUMBERSIDE FIRE AND RESCUE report that they attended an incident last night (15th August 2011) in Church Lane, Thorngumbald. The incident involved smoke from external source entering a first floor flat. A woman and three week old baby suffering smoke inhalation were left in care of paramedics. Did you […]
HUMBERSIDE FIRE AND RESCUE CREWS have been doing a fantastic job in tackling serious problems during the recent deluge and floodwaters in Goole. On the 3rd August crews attended over 75 incidents in Goole on that day alone. However, this local incident shows one of their more bizarre jobs! Emergency […]
Continuing our brief reports on Humberside Fire and Rescue Service incidents in the area, revealing the variety of incidents attended to by Fire Crews: A HORSE was rescued from water yesterday (Sat 30th July 2011) by a farmer and the Fire Service in Burstwick. The animal was extremely distressed by the […]
Continuing our series of brief reports on Humberside Fire and Rescue Service incidents in the area: A FIRE CREW attended a rubbish skip fire in Staithes Road, Preston last night (27/07/11) at 11:15pm. Earlier in the evening White Watch received a call about a woman from Holcroft Garth, […]
A FIRE CREW attended a significant incident at Magdalen Gate, Hedon on Monday 25th July 2011 when a toaster in the kitchen caught fire. An adult female suffered smoke inhalation and was left in care of ambulance personnel. The property suffered fire and smoke damage to the kitchen and utility […]