We asked: Can you come up with a witty caption to this photograph? It shows Hedon Mayor Jim Lindop watching The Station pub’s Tug of War team.
We’ll publish the ones that make us laugh, and give a small prize to the person that comes up with the best caption! And we’ll donate something to one of the Mayor’s charities.
Competition closed Monday 25th June 2012.
Our favourites are in GREEN below, but the caption by Sarah just pinches it and wins our trophy! Thanks to everyone who took part! The Hedon Blog will donate £10 to the Mayor’s Charity!
- It was the first public disembowelling in the village for many years Rob Falconer
- The Mayor watched on as the lads helped him move the Mayoresses new hat collection Sarah Jordan
- There must be easier ways of removing a wisdom tooth! Peter J Ainscough
- Pull all you like, the other end is tied round the hog roast! Jim Lindop
- Come on lads! Not got all day! my pint’s waiting! Storr
- Station lads out on the pull! Howard Robinson
- Don’t just stand there looking lost Jim, hurry up and come on, give us a blinking hand!! Malc Ripley