A FIRE CREW attended a small fire in the derelict changing rooms on Draper’s Lane, Hedon yesterday (8th December 2011).
The incident report from Humberside Fire & Rescue Service says that the fire was tackled with a hose and breathing apparatus kit.
The Hedon Blog highlighted the case of this derelict building over two years ago. At that stage both the Hedon Town Council and East Riding Council denied any responsibility for the building.
Perhaps in light of this current fire incident, this ought to be a matter that these two bodies should collaborate upon? Between them they could resolve the ‘responsibility’ issue and sort out what should happen to this eyesore?